The guys recap their whirlwind trips across the country in which they drank together all day at Disney World then went their separate ways to different conventions where Brian suffered through a nightmare scenario at a city full of hackers.
Show notes by Leon - Latest version on the DCTVpedia
Brian is half naked in front of the in-laws.
Diamond Club in the 1930s
They started off the show by talking about how crazy it is that Germany invaded Poland. The segment included an interview with Postini who was a big fan of Mussolini.
It's Been Awhile (S'been Awhile!)
Last time there was a show was 9 days ago way over there in Orlando and so much has happened since then, so the guys decided to recap everyone on the events of the last week and a half.
Things that Happened
- Day-drinking in Disney World with Chatrealm #BigDiz
- Is it better to do Epcot Canada to Mexico or Mexico to Canada?
- Getting Captain Dan to honk the ferry horn
- Getting people to cheer for Presidents at the Hall of Presidents (a callback to the Hall of Presidents track fromNight Attack 3: Too Old to Talk)
- Getting front of the line passes for all 20 drunken marauders
- Racing to the Rose & Crown in England at Epcot in time to see the fireworks show
- Buying three rounds at once at last call
- Brian says that everyone in Epcot's Morocco looks like Obama (makes you think, imo)
- Apparently the Italian Epcot cast members get up to all sorts of fuckin' in the dorms
- Brian forgot to book a hotel room in Orlando
- Justin and Brian attempt to split bills on-the-fly
The Patreon is at $1,422. If you want to become a patron, head on over to Patreon.com/NightAttack.
Ya know who's great? Curtis Bailey, that's who!
More Things That Happened
A full day at DisneyWorld wasn't enough for Brian and Justin, so here's more shit they did since the last episode.
- Justin spent another day (Monday) at Disney; this time at Typhoon Lagoon with his 10-year-old brother
- Justin spends Tuesday in Oakland and flies out to Indianapolis for GenCon on Wednesday
- Brian and Bryce flew to Las Vegas to film Scam School in Mac King's kitchen
- Defcon in Vegas with the Hak5 crew
- Brian lost his laptop… at Defcon… a convention full of hackers and government agents competing to be the best at exploiting all your technological devices and stealing all your information. So probably literally the worst place to lose your laptop full of sensitive information
- He definitely remembered taking it through airport security, so it's probably stolen
- He's frantically changing all his passwords
- Turns out it was still in the Austin TSA checkpoint
- Man! The Austin TSA is GREAT! Oh wait… jk Brian hates the TSA still
- Brian saw a dude fanning himself with his book "Cheats, Cons, Swindles and Tricks"
- That's weird, Brian hasn't sold that in like 8 years
- Then he saw another dude with the book
- Then another guy asked him to sign his copy. What is happening?!
- He found the dude handing them out and that dude somehow has a ton of copies. Brian has no memory of selling any of these wholesale.
- Turns out the dude got his hands on a load of books that were printed in Canada and got held up at the border. Apparently he DID sell them wholesale at one point.
- There's nothing near as good as that at GenCon
Movie Draft Chat
- I was hoping Suicide Squad would be more affected by negative reviews - Brian
- It DID have a pretty big drop after opening night - Justin
- At this point it's a total coin toss - Brian
- I really want MovieDraftMike to tell me it's okay - Justin
- Dannil looks like he will be the sole winner in the Chatrealm league. He picked Keanu and Mother's Day over Free State of Jones and that gave him an $11 million lead
If you want to submit your thing for Diamond Time head over to the weekly Diamond Time post on the DiamondClub subreddit. Instructions on how to format your submission can be found in the post!
Justin talked about some of his experiences at GenCon which mostly involved him demoing The Contender to dozens of people over and over again. He actually had one interaction with a game distributor who basically gave him a reverse-demo on why he wouldn't be supporting The Contender.
Apparently Brian and Justin had a call with some people last Thursday. They didn't say what it was about, but Justin said that everyone should get really excited and ask them about it. Brian suggests that maybe they should take a really short "vacation" some time. Maybe they should take a third person on that "vacation". Like, it'd be really cool to go out on the road and find some abnormal, strange, unusual stuff with three friends.
Justin came up with a Homeland Security analogy to let people know how likely this unusual stuff is to actually happen. If Brian and Jason Murphy going on "vacation" to LA was red, this is at yellow, bordering on green. So like, this might all fall through, but it's fun to talk about!
RAMPANT SPECULATION THAT DEFINITELY HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY
For those of you who didn't pick up on the clues, I'm gonna take a WILD guess and say that this is a potential Weird Things tv show with Brian, Justin and Andrew Mayne. But hey! What do I know? I'm just a guy that heard all those incredibly blatant "hints".
- But, ehh, who cares?
- "It only came out to $380 for drinks all day at Disney. Less than $200 per person, that's not too bad, right Bonnie?" - Brian trying to justify his expenses on vacation to his unamused wife
- "Kindly lesbian and young Brazilian ward." - Justin describing the Patreon video
- Brian's laptop was on camera when he started talking about how he lost it