Brian and Justin talk about their plans for the future of the show as well as future albums. Then we witness the triumphant return of Cannatadome.
Show notes by Leon - Latest version on the DCTVpedia
I'd represent me.
Today it was announced that TWiT would no longer live stream their shows and would be shutting down their chatroom at the end of the week. The entire reason you're reading this right now, is because Brian and Justin were allowed to do NSFW on the live on the TWiT network. This is an unfortunate situation and we welcome all TWiT fans to our Diamond Club chat at irc.chatrealm.net. If your REALLY want to talk shit, take it to #Drama.
The Patreon is at $2185. If you want to become a patron, head on over to Patreon.com/NightAttack.
Now, what the hell are we gonna do with ALL THIS MONEY?
If we hit the $2500/episode patreon goal Brian and Justin want to be able to do a live show in the Bay Area/LA/Austin once a month and also begin recording their next album with people like Jeff Cannata, Alex Albrecht, Christian Spicer and Anthony Carboni.
ALSO, Brian and Justin have hired an adult to keep them in line and keep the show moving. Who is this responsible person?! It's long-time contributor and recent Bizarre Magic Inc. and Weird Things hire, Neshcom
This is the game in which the guys take this summer's big movie characters and pit them against each other in strange battle scenarios. Brian and Justin act how the characters would react in those situations. God Cannata then decides who wins.
- Ultron vs. T-800
- Battle: Who can more compellingly explain a 9/11 conspiracy theory
- Ultron wins
- Ethan Hunt vs. The Rock (from both Fast and Furious and San Andreas)
- Battle: Jell-o Wrestling
- Ethan Hunt wins
- Ant-Man vs. Johnny Storm
- Battle: Raising three kids in Austin, Texas
- Johnny Storm wins
- Imperator Furiosa vs. Fat Amy
- Battle: Keeping someone's interest for more than 2.5 minutes when talking about professional wrestling
- Fat Amy wins
- Ultron vs. Ethan Hunt
- Battle: Get a cab in New York City
- Ethan Hunt wins
- Johnny Storm vs. Fat Amy
- Battle: Something about Jenny McCarthy
- Fat Amy wins
- Ethan Hunt vs. Fat Amy
- Running a triathlon
- Everyone loses!
The guys started talking about Jeff's other podcast, and more specifically The Totally Rad Show. They looked at the Teen Witch inspired TRS intro that you can watch here. They also mentioned the Indiana Jones themed intro which is right here.
Geeks in Sneaks
Brian and Bonnie just did a triathlon together. Unfortunately the swimming portion was cancelled due to flooding. This was Bonnie's first ever Olympic distance triathlon and she LOVED it. Turns out riding bikes in big empty streets is actually really fun.
If you want to submit your thing for Diamond Time head over to the weekly Diamond Time post on the DiamondClub subreddit. Instructions on how to format your submission can be found in the post!
Movie Draft Talk
- GFQ is doing way better than Brian predicted
- Amtrekker is almost certainly out of the running
- Jeff thinks Minions is gonna be HUGE
- Jeff thinks Tomorrowland is "not so good"
We took a look at the awesome volleyball scene from Top Gun and the even more awesome Dodge commercial starring Jeff Cannata. Then Justin called for an NSFW show throwback to have Brian "Brum Brum" Jeff's commercial.
We also spend a good chunk of time playing random songs on top of Hillary Clinton looking crazy. Just trust me, it's great
And of course Hearthstone.
- "YES! Hail Xenu!" - Brian after Tom Cruise (Ethan Hunt) beat The Rock in Cannatadome
- "GOD DAMN IT JEFF CANNATA! YOU'RE BLUE COLLAR AS FUCK!" - Brian watching Jeff's Dodge commercial