Two larger than life figures make a shocking return to the show. Both are authors who have spent a lot of time thinking about murder. That's right! Hitler and Andrew Mayne are here to face off in a current event trivia showdown!
Show notes by Leon - Latest version on the DCTVpedia
His name is Diamond and he's menstruating.
Brian Was on Penn & Teller: Fool Us
Hey! So Brian was on the TV show Penn & Teller: Fool Us. Check it out! Brian talked a bit about the experience in preparing and performing on the show. Also, right after his TV performance, he went over to the Podcast Awards ceremony and won a billion awards. Seriously, it was the same night. He was wearing the same clothes and TV makeup. SEE?!
The Patreon is at $2173. If you want to become a patron, head on over to Patreon.com/NightAttack.
Garren W. and Brandt T. were randomly selected from the list of Night Attack patrons to win the ugly Androidify water bottles that Bonnie made when she and Brian were in France.
Andrew then offered to give away three copies of his latest book to random Patrons to be selected during next week's episode. If the winners have already purchased his book, Justin promised to give them a $50 Red Lobster gift card instead.
Name of the Devil
Bad news bro, Hitler's back. In order to vanquish him, Andrew will have to answer questions about current events. If Andrew gets more correct answers than Hitler, Hitler is banished forever until we want to play this game again. BUT HOW IS HITLER GOING TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS?! Well, Brian is going to roll the extremely haunted "Hitler's Dice" and the value on the dice will in some way correlate to Hitler's answer or something.
- What did Elon Musk say was the cause of SpaceX's recent rocket explosion?
A) Loose insulation panel
B) Strut problem
C) Software malfunction
D) (I can't type fast enough)
- Hitler's choice: Software malfunction
- Andrew's choice: Strut problem - Correct!
- Which is not a hero class in Hearthstone?
C) Blood Elf
- Hitler's choice: N/A
- Andrew's choice: Blood Elf - Correct!
- Which 1965 1985 Greg Bear novel involves a global crisis involving an asteroid called "The Stone"?
B) Darwin's Radio
C) The Forge of God
D) Moving Mars
- Hitler's choice: The Forge of God
- Andrew's choice: Eon - Correct! but the question was thrown out.
- In Hearthstone, what is the attack/health of an Antique Healbot?
- Hitler's choice: N/A
- Andrew's choice: 4-5 - Incorrect 3-3
- In The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, what is the name of his ship?
A) The Javelina
B) The gambone
D) The Eleanor
- Hitler's choice: The Belafonte - Correct!
- Andrew's choice: The Belafonte - Correct!
- The Melonheads are a famous cryptozoological attraction. What is the name of the first card expansion in Hearthstone.
A) The Argent Tournament
B) Goblins vs. Gnomes
C) Curse of Naxxramas
D) The state of Michigan
- Hitler's choice: Goblins vs. Gnomes - Correct!
- Andrew's choice: Goblins vs. Gnomes - Correct!
Andrew vanquished Hitler yet again! Hooray game theory!
Name of the Devil Dramatic Reading
Brian, Justin and Bonnie did a dramatic reading of the back-of-the-book description of Name of the Devil. Bonnie read her part as the character "Andrew's Girlfriend". Long Weird Things fans will remember Andrew's Girlfriend from an episode three and a half years ago.
Then Brian read Andrew's bio as Tom Cruise.
After that, they talked a lot about Andrew's books. Mostly Angel Killer and Name of the Devil.
- Help DJM
- Help build a Community Arts Center
- Help out some athletes make it to the Special Olympics World Games
If you want to submit your thing for Diamond Time head over to the weekly Diamond Time post on the DiamondClub subreddit. Instructions on how to format your submission can be found in the post!
Squarespace is the fast and easy way to create a high quality website, blog or portfolio. They've got some sweet-ass tools and templates to make some awesome websites without you needing any knowledge of HTML.
Head over to SquareSpace.com and try out a 14-day free trial then when you decide to order, use the code "NAP" to get 10% off you order.
- "Ya know, [Hitler] had a lot of good ideas about Hearthstone." - Andrew during Hitler's Dice
Movie Draft Chat
- Remember when we were all yelling at Team DTNS for ruining the game and we all threatened to change the rules because of them? Lol (they're in last). - Brian
- Nobody could have foreseen the success of Jurassic World. - Andrew
- Before Jurassic World, it seemed like we were done with big movies making Top 5 All-Time money. What does this mean for Star Wars? - Justin
- People still clap at the Star Wars trailer in the theater. It's gonna be an absolute frrrrrrrreak show when Star Wars comes out. - Justin
Asshole Klan, Hello
This is the song they ended the show with. It's by Steven Cogswell.
- Brian's Tom Cruise character made its return in this episode and Brian just happened to be wearing the same shirt as when Tom Cruise made his Night Attack debut. Heh, how neat is that?
- Andrew's Girlfriend
- Tom Cruise